Boatyard is an exciting tech company on a mission to connect the world of boating through our award-winning mobile app and SaaS software.
We are looking for a senior engineer who would embrace the opportunity to take a leadership role with our fast growing startup. Our ideal candidate has 7+ years experience as a Ruby on Rails engineer, with 3+ years in a leadership role.. If you are a collaborative, problem solver with a passion for programming, we’d love to hear from you.
Our tech stack :
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres Database (on AWS RDS)
- NginX web server
- Amazon Web Services for Hosting (EC2 instances)
- WePay Payments (payment integration)
- JSON based Boatyard API
- React Native
This is a unique opportunity for a self-driven problem solver who is passionate about delivering quality code.
- Collaborating with the operations team on sprint planning, scheduling and implementation
- Creating and maintaining a feature roadmap with founder and key stakeholders
- Managing the development team to ensure on-time delivery of product features and completion of sprints
- Implement unit testing and plan for ongoing development of a test suite Managing app development projects
- Perform additional development projects, such as email campaigns, website development, etc.
- Manage admin/developer accounts for various third-party applications
- Performing code reviews and QA
- Improving existing APIs and building new, unit-tested APIs, Creating unit tests
- Ensure that features are being delivered efficiently and on-time and as the most practical solution to meet business goals.
- 5+ years experience developing Ruby on Rails apps that interface with Restful APIs
- Experience with Third-Party API Integrations
- Possess excellent communication skills
- Fluent speaking and writing in English
- Write high quality, well-structured code
- Available to work 40+ hours/week during EST work hours
- Experience with graphQL a plus
- Experience with DevOps (AWS) a plus
- You would be joining a team that believes our work is a craft, and takes great pride in what we do.
- We are an innovation lab within a larger company, combining the culture of a startup with the security of working for a corporation
- Lots of opportunity for growth
To apply for this job please visit remoteok.io.